Companies in Europe
The EU-Internship Exchange Office operates within the EU Liaison Office which is a section of the Department of Research and EU Liaison Office, Technology Transfer at the Leibniz University Hannover. We coordinate Erasmus and Leonardo da Vinci internship exchange projects for a regional consortium composed of over fourteen colleges and universities in Lower Saxony, Germany. Annually we provide financial and organizational support to nearly 300 students and graduates in Germany, who carry out an internship in a European company or organization.
In return, we offer students and graduates from other countries assistance in finding and acquiring internships in companies and organizations within the region of Lower Saxony, Germany. We publish regional internship offers on our own databank as well as on the international databank JOE – Job Offer Exchange. Aside from these permanent offers in our region, we also assist incoming students and graduates in finding internships in other enterprises through our regional Enterprise Europe Network project.
Additionally, our office offers assistance to incoming student and graduate interns in Lower Saxony in the following areas:
- finding affordable accommodation, primarily in student housing
- registering as a guest student in order to be eligible for student discounts and free local public transportation services
- in relevant administrative procedures
- opening a bank account
- finding language classes and tandem language partners
- information on social and cultural events and organisations
- and with any questions during their stay in Lower Saxony
The following cannot be accepted as host organisations:
- National governmental bureaus, embassies or consulates,
- Organisations set up to manage European programmes or to develop expertise in the management of European programmes.
- To prepare students for working life by enhancing their employability and skills.
- To assist employers in finding graduates who can make significant contributions from the onset of their employment;
- To give employers an opportunity to actively participate in students' learning process;
- To build bridges between higher education and the working world
- To raise the awareness of the benefits to each, on working closely and effectively together;
- To involve students in the daily workplace activities relevant to their field of study.
For further inquiries please contact:
|Contact person:||Lisa Grow|
|Telephone:||+49 (0) 511/ 762 - 19179/ - 3932|
|Fax:||+49 (0) 511/ 762 - 3009|